Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wednesday Postcard Blogging

Today's postcard:


The caption on the back:

DODSON'S CAFETERIA
4101 S. Western, Oklahoma City 9
Continuous Service 11 A.M. to 8 P.M.
7 Days a Week
"Our Best Advertising is Not Written . . . It's Eaten."

(Not sure what the "9" after the address means, but that's what's printed on the card.)

This is the Dodson's that used to be at the Reding Shopping Center at SW 44th and S. Western, which was torn down quite some time ago to make room for expansion of the parking lot and facilities at Integris Southwest Medical Center. There was a second Dodson's at the Hillcrest Shopping Center at SW 59th and S. Pennsylvania, but that one is gone as well.

I have very fond memories of eating at both locations because the food was incredibly good--I really liked the fried chicken, green beans and devil's food cake, which is what I usually got. (I especially enjoyed going there on my birthday because it meant getting a complimentary cake, and they had the best birthday cake I've ever tasted.)

No comments: