Monday, November 24, 2008

Vegetarian Chili

Just tried a recipe for Vegetarian Black Bean Chili that I stumbled across on Yahoo! about a week ago. It's very good, pretty easy to make, and surprisingly satisfying for a meatless dish.

The recipe doesn't say whether or not the beans should be drained. I got the impression from the pictures of the finished dish that they should be, but I didn't drain mine and the chili came out okay. I guess it depends on how thick or soupy you want your chili to be.

The recipe suggests serving it over quinoa, a baked potato or brown rice. I had mine over instant brown rice and it was really good. (Yes, I know that instant rice is an abomination to some people--I can already see my friend Bev making a "yuck, phooey" face at her computer screen--but it's what I grew up eating and I still like it.)

No comments: