Monday, June 18, 2007

Birthday Greetings and Some Yahoo! News

Happy Birthday to my friend Ted (whose birthday is today and I almost didn't remember to post about it).

************

I found out something about Yahoo! recently and I've been intending to post about it but didn't remember it again until tonight.

I said in a recent post that I was planning to add more pictures of my niece Emelia to my Yahoo! photo space sometime soon. I went to my photo space a day or two after that to upload some pictures and read that Yahoo! is planning to shut down its photo hosting service sometime this fall to focus more attention on Flickr, so I'm not going to add any more pictures to my Yahoo! photo space after all.

Later in the summer I'll have the option of moving all of my current Yahoo! albums to another hosting service (which would probably be Photobucket since I already have an account there). However, all of the photos I have on Yahoo! right now are older pictures of Emelia, so I may decide to just take them down and work on posting some newer ones (and I have plenty of those to work with, thanks to Tom).

In the meantime, I've added a link to my Photobucket account to my sidebar and I've posted two new albums of pictures of Emelia there for anyone who's interested in seeing how much she's grown. (I'll also have a couple of albums of SoonerCon photos posted soon--I had hoped to have those posted by now, but I keep managing to get behind on everything.)

No comments: