Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Photo Blogging

Sorry for being a day late on posting new pictures . . . I spent much of the afternoon yesterday trying to clear out one of my flower beds, and by the time I decided to quit for the day, I was hot, tired and cranky and not in the mood for posting anything.

I also spent some time yesterday setting up my new camera (finally!) and taking a few test pictures, and so far I'm very happy with it. There were one or two controls I couldn't figure out that weren't fully explained in the owner's manual, but the Kodak website has some great tutorials that told me what I needed to know. My only "complaint" so far is that the LCD screen is impossible to see when I'm taking pictures outside and the sun is out, but I'm sure that's a fairly common complaint with most digital cameras.

I did, however, have a bigger complaint about the rechargeable batteries I bought. I assumed (incorrectly, I discovered) that they were fully charged when I took them out of the package, so I was very surprised when I started getting a "low power" signal from my camera after taking only nine pictures. There was nothing about this particular problem in the instruction booklet, so I did a search on Google and finally found a page on the manufacturer's website that said that rechargeable batteries aren't fully charged at the factory and need to be fully charged before the first use. Seems to me that information that basic should be included in the instruction booklet, so I e-mailed the manufacturer and politely requested that they consider adding it to future printings of the booklet.

They wrote back today and assured me that the information in question is included on all rechargeable battery packaging. I checked mine again and finally found the phrase "charge batteries before using" in the upper right corner of the back of the package, in small white print against a black background--in other words, it was printed in a place, size and style that made it easy to miss. (I pointed that out in my reply, but I'm not sure that it will make any difference.)

Anyway . . . here are three pictures I took of my peach tree, which is loaded with fruit (and in desperate need of trimming/pruning after the peaches are all gone):




No comments: