Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Greetings and Sunday Photo Blogging

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers I know (especially my sister-in-law Charlotte, who's celebrating her first Mother's Day today).

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to share a picture of me with my mom from a long, long time ago:


This was taken in June, 1960 in front of the Humpty-Dumpty supermarket at the Reding Shopping Center, which used to be at the corner of SW 44th and S. Western in Okla. City. The shopping center was closed and torn down quite some ago to make room for expansion of the parking lot and facilities at the Integris Southwest Medical Center.



After promising myself several times over the last few years that I was going to buy myself a digital camera (and putting it off every time), I finally started doing some serious shopping over the last couple of days and came home yesterday with a Kodak EasyShare C653 (6.1 megapixels, 3x optical zoom) plus some accessories--a camera case, a battery charger and batteries, and a 2 GB memory card. I haven't started learning how to use it yet, but I'm going to do that over the next few days, and hopefully have a picture or pictures ready to post by next weekend, if not sooner.

No comments: